So there's this thing going around Facebook right now where you're supposed to post a list of the first fifteen albums you can think of that have had a significant enough impact on your life for you to remember them forever. If you were supposed to give this careful consideration, it would be a daunting task indeed. However, in the spirit of it just being a list, and in the grand tradition of stream of conscious thought, here I go. Presenting my as of 3am after working a long shift, roughly chronological list of top 15 albums, many for personal rather than musical reasons.
1. The White Album - The Beatles
2. Endless Summer - The Beach Boys
3. II - Boyz II Men
4. Sublime - Sublime
5. Your Favorite Weapon - Brand New
6. Full Collapse - Thursday
7. Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star - Black Star
8. Different Damage - Q and Not U
9. Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
10. Reinventing Axl Rose - Against Me!
11. Romance Bloody Romance: Remixes & B-Sides - Death From Above 1979
12. Better than Knowing Where You Are - Spitalfield
13. Everybody Else - Everybody Else
14. Visiter - The Dodos
15. Blood On The Tracks - Bob Dylan
I know a few of these might be surprising. Each one was picked partly because I have a memorable story that goes with the album. If you're curious, just ask and I'd be happy to regale you. Or, perhaps you, dear reader, would like to share your own list of 15 albums you'll never forget.